Applicants must be current undergraduate or graduate students actively enrolled and participating in Coast Guard Auxiliary University Programs (AUP) (list of schools), and meet all applicant requirements.
Pictured right: Jacob Thayer with the Commandant (right) and Vice Commandant (left) during his internship at Coast Guard Headquarters.
Apply for an AUP Internship:
- Review the Internship Contract;
- Submit the Internship Application;
- Applicants will be notified that they have been assigned to an internship as soon as possible;
- Contact your internship supervisor to arrange start date, location, proper attire, preparatory activities and other pertinent details;
- Work with your academic advisor, unit leader and internship supervisor to prepare the "Internship Workbook" and create an internship curriculum, prior to the start of the internship;
- Arrange travel, lodging and other personal details as necessary prior to the start of the internship;
- Report for the internship at the designated location, date, and time as agreed upon with your internship supervisor; remember proper uniform/attire, customs and courtesies!